Winter is the time that you should start thinking about your home’s insulation. Although your home’s insulation matters every single day of the year, you’re going to notice the role it pays the most in the winter and the summer. If you’re quickly concluding that your insulation just isn’t cutting it this winter, then it’s time to contact us.
We specialize in attic insulation service in Dallas, TX. Insulation can make or break your home. We’re going to get into the details of everything below.
Factors To Consider Surrounding Your Insulation
Did you know that poor attic insulation accounts for 25% of a home’s overall heat loss? This is why you need to pay attention to your insulation. Your attic, walls, windows, and doors need great insulation to keep your home in proper shape.
How Many Types of Insulation Are There?
There are quite a few different types of insulation that you can try in your home. We mentioned that your attic, walls, windows, and doors can all be exit points for your warmth. This means that there are the types of insulation that are available to you. There’s wall insulation, roof insulation, window insulation, door insulation, and even floor insulation.
We recommend that you beef up your home’s attic insulation, wall insulation, and even your floor insulation. It’s the same logic that applies to grabbing a beanie, a coat, and sock thick socks before you hit the door on a cold winter morning. These are the areas that are going to keep you warm!
Is Mine Helping Are Hurting?
Now let’s talk about your insulation. Is yours helping or hurting?
- You’ve Got a Newer Home: You’ve got a new home that was built with energy-efficiency in mind. Your insulation is adequate and it’s high quality too.
- You Have Low Energy Bills: Your energy bills are always reasonable. If you notice a spike, it directly correlates to a spike in how often you were using your home’s heater or air conditioner.
- You’re Always Comfortable: You don’t really struggle to get comfortable. When you turn on your heater, it gets warm. When you turn on your air conditioner, it gets cool.
- You’ve Got an Older Home: Your home has lots of charm and a long history of sitting on your home’s lot. What it doesn’t have, though, is a good amount of insulation. You don’t want a drafty home that’s not energy efficient. Your home’s insulation is hurting your overall efficiency.
- You Have High Energy Bills: Your energy bills are high no matter what you seem to do. This is because you are struggling with your home’s insulation. A poorly insulated home is a bad sign and will always be bad news for your home’s efficiency.
- Your HVAC System Leaves More to Be Desired: You feel like your home’s heater and air conditioner are conspiring against you. You can’t get them to do the work they’re supposed to do.
If you’ve realized that your insulation is hurting you, then it’s time to contact Republic Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. today to schedule an appointment.